PHINMA University of Iloilo congratulates the winners of this year’s 4th Inter High School Skills Competition (Senior High School Edition) held on Mar. 7, 2020 at Robinson’s Place Iloilo (Main site).
Mandurriao National High School emerged as this year’s Over-all Champion followed by Iloilo City National High School (1st runner up) and Botong-Cabanbanan NHS and Alimodian NHS (2nd runners up). A total of eight partner schools, namely Iloilo City NHS, Alimodian NHS, Botong-Cabanbanan NHS, Mandurriao NHS, Zarraga NHS, Sara NHS, Fort San Pedro NHS and Leonora S. Salapantan NHS came to participate in an array of categories which displayed their prowess in the fields of hospitality and tourism.
This year’s winners will receive Handog Kaibigan Scholarships that will grant them 50 percent discount both on tuition and miscellaneous fees in any three to four year course they choose apart from the plaques, certificates and cash prizes already awarded to them.
“We are thankful that our partner schools are very supportive every time we initiate activities like these,” said Michael Rioga, program head of the College of Management and Accountancy and main organizer of the event. “The goal of these activities is to strengthen our relationships with our partner schools and imprint in the hearts of our students the value of passion, hard work and dedication towards any chosen course or career.”
Below is a summary of winners per category:
1. Themed Table Skirting with Centerpiece – Alimodian NHS (1st), Sara NHS (2nd), Zarraga NHS (3rd)
2. Chocolate Cake Decorating – Alimodian NHS (1st), Mandurriao NHS (2nd), Iloilo City NHS (3rd)
3. Chef Wars – Mandurriao NHS (1st), Leonora S. Salapantan NHS (2nd), Alimodian NHS (3rd)
4. Synchronized Table Napkin Folding – Sara NHS (1st), Iloilo City NHS (2nd) Botong-Cabanbanan NHS (3rd)
5. Virtual Tour Guiding – Iloilo City NHS (1st), Zarraga NHS (2nd), Leonora S. Salapantan NHS (3rd)
6. Dancing Flight Attendants – Mandurriao NHS (1st), Botong-Cabanbanan NHS (2nd), Leonora S. Salapantan NHS (3rd)
7. Battle of the Bottles – Zarraga NHS (1st), Leonora S. Salapantan NHS (2nd), Botong-Cabanbanan NHS (3rd)
8. Ambassadress of Goodwill – Botong-Cabanbanan NHS (1st), Iloilo City NHS (2nd), Mandurriao NHS (3rd)